Which 14 mm plug to use

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Which 14 mm plug to use
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Building up a speedster engine and I have a "Sherman Super Fire Head with 14 mm holes. Will be using a Stipe 290 cam, Bosch distributor and a Carter BB1 carb. I need a starting place for spark plug purchase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Chuck- start with an Autolite AJ42. Its a mid range plug. There is an AJ32 and an AJ52 on each side of that. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:32 am:

Chuck, I went with NGK Platinum. I don't have the number right now but went with a high heat range plug. Work real good. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Had great luck with Bosch 409 long reach plug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Meakin on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

A good plug that we use in our ohv, and several people over here (UK) who run both z heads and prus heads run NGK BP2ES which work very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

OOPs- AG42 not AJ42. Does not really matter, as it seems they are no longer available. Good thing I have a god stock of them. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Thanks MTFCA! BTW you can get anything on ebay, even AG42's and discounted Bosch and Ngk plugs. Its decision time

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

I like the Bosch plugs. Sorry, don't have the number handy. Get as long a reach and as hot a plug as you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

I've used the Bosch FR9HP with good results

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration