What year is the hogs head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What year is the hogs head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:08 am:

still sorting through my late fathers garage . trying to to pick out some 27 stuff to convert my driveline back to original . thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Joe,

The hogs head is a 1919-1925 style. It was introduced with the new starters.

Note it appears to probably have the ribbed pedals on it. That would indicate the pedals were changed out or it is a Canadian production hogs head. Noting your location -- I would suspect a Canadian hogs head/transmission cover for LHD.

If that is the case, often times you will find a casting date on the cover as shown below:

In the photo above the "B" stands for the calendar year 1924.

A would be 1923
B 1924
C 1925
D 1926
E 1927

before they started using letters from memory -- not that great -- they would put the two digit year as 22 etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Thanks Hap ,nice to know some dating info !!!
I am trying to pick out some pieces to put a 27 touring I have back to original and likely sale the rest. Yes it is likely a Canadian hogs head .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Thanks Hap ,nice to know some dating info !!!
I am trying to pick out some pieces to put a 27 touring I have back to original and likely sale the rest. Yes it is likely a Canadian hogs head .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration