Sorting Dad's garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sorting Dad's garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

My pop's passed in Feb ,house is being sold and I am sorting thru his stuff trying to pick out what I may need to put a 27 touring drive line back to original and replace a motor in an original 27 roadster.Roadster motor has model A crank and has recently picked up a bad vibration .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Joe,

From the looks of things, your Pop's shop is perfectly "sorted", with just the right
amount of old junk, dirt, and disorder to be a proper T shop. Replace that awful
waferboard with some shiplap siding and add some knob-n-tube wiring and you'll
be set ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

Lots of stuff!!!

To me it doesn't look like enough for an auction, but perhaps a club chapter garage sale, if you have a T club chapter in your area.

Just my opinion....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Oh man.....! I'd buy a condemned (read-cheap) intermodal shipping container and load nearly all of it up and spend a long, long time sorting it all out. You buy the container, tell the club you need help loading it all up and a place to store it and all will fall into place, .....guaranteed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Sorry to hear about your Father's passing and I know it can be very difficult to enter a place where Dad worked, no matter what the relationship was. I know when it came time to clean out my Fathers work bench it took forever because I would find something and all the memories of us working together on a project surfaced. Do what is best for you, if you can save most of the parts to work on future cars that would be great but if you can't then take what you think you will need for your projects.
But find that one special object that means something to you and put it on your desk you'll never regret it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:48 am:

A model T guy's favorite phrase''will work for parts''!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:46 am:

Joe, I am with Dennis and Harold on this one, It looks like your Pop had the fever, allot of good stuff. For now save all you can, because you may not even know what some of it is. It comes back to the old saying, just get rid of it and you will soon need one. Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 08:17 am:

Joe -- I'm sorry for the loss of your Pop. It appears that he had various interests, judging from his parts stash. There are lots of Model T parts, and some Model A and Flathead V-8 stuff. There's also a pair of super-wide mag wheels, for a Hot Rod or truck.

Try to hook up with some gearheads in your area who can come by and see the parts in person. A Model T guy or two would be great, since most of what I see in the pics are T parts. (And they'll know some Model A guys as well.) Tell them what your goal is, and they can help you select the parts which are applicable to your intended project. Keith's idea of a club garage sale sounds good for the remaining parts. They need to go to guys who need them and can use them, not sold for scrap.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration