O. T. -Steam engine gathering as we speak

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: O. T. -Steam engine gathering as we speak
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

My good friend and current owner of two of my engines is sawing this weekend. So far, he has sent me only one picture. That being of the Peerless portable. If any of the steam guys are on here and would like to see what's going on, I'll email pics, because I can not resize pictures on this phone. Tomorrow is the big day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Last week at Blanchard,Mi a friend of 55 years was sawing with a Advance made in Battle Creek,Mi and he was really making the stack talk!! I don't know what he had done to this engine but i have never heard one bark that loud before? Bud. Pictures Please!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Bud-so far the only one they have sent me is the Peerless portable steamin'up.I can not resize pictures on this phone. PM me your email if you can resize and post for me. Tomorrow is the big day. My old 40 and his 80 horse Case will be making sawdust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Anybody that can resize and post pics that wants to see this, PM me your email. Although this is essentially just a few friends getting together, if you are near Winamac, Indiana I can invite you. NICE people. Wish I could be there. I'm keeping eye peeled for a running common parts T chassis for Kent, the guy running this little show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

If any of you steam buffs would like to see pics /videos of this,go to Kent Bonnell Winamac, Indiana Facebook site. I have resisted having facebook and will likely continue to do so. But, I sure would appreciate if someone that does would post a few pictures here. I can not resize on this phone. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

Here's one photo courtesy of Jim....... :-)
Love that style of stack.

Steamer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

That's a Peerless. About early teens. One similar to this at the Henry Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

Beautiful little portable engine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Thanks, Duey.And like your pickup. The wood I am sure is gone, but there should still be three wheels like you have stuck at a friends place. Have not seen them in years.They are 16".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Jim, what? Oh my! More of this type of front wheels are still out there? There are two in Arkansas too! You guys DO see trailer wheels for the T frame... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Eh Hem! It IS steam show time for those that are interested!
Jim, what's the name of your show?
I used to do the Rollag thing (this weekend) but Albany Pioneer Days took over my time/thoughts after a friend... Ain't been to Dalton for too many years. They need people!
I'm more of a stationary steam fella myself but I have proved my stuff a little bit on a traction engine or two over the years. Yeah right. I got lucky and payed attention and the engines I played with were sweeties... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Yes, They are on what is left of a farm wagon.Last spring had another friend go there and with a skid loader pick up two(or was it three?)T axle trailers I put all kinds of T and other early car smalls in, to get the buildings cleaned out.Sadly,the stuff is the worse for weather. I've been about half afraid to ask what is beyond help.I know a nailkeg of Bimel Wheel spokes are shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:13 am:

Duey, it's not my show. This is a few guys getting together to run engines. I sold my two to the now-friend that owns the farm and has the sawmill and other engines. This is in Pulaski County, In, but is NOT the official tractor, etc. show for that area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Cool. Sometimes, the smaller the show the more fun. No politics...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration