Need paint code for 1909 Ford Dark Green

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need paint code for 1909 Ford Dark Green
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Would someone have the paint code for the accepted dark green, which was used on 1909 and 1910 Fords?

I can mix PPG - DBC (Deltron 2000), but can also convert DCC (Concept) code number. Or if there's a vehicle OEM paint code number which matches, that would work.

Thanks very much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

These are the codes most go by. http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

The green color and the blue color on that page are way off from what Ford used. Just too light, both of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

Regarding the blue, I ended up using an early 1960's Mercedes-Benz blue, which looks almost black unless in bright sunlight.

Regarding the green, I can mix up some from this code and try a spray out and then possibly go darker from there. I'm assuming the green should also look almost black in the shadows and only dark green in bright sunlight.

Thanks for the replies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Saturday, September 03, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Being a former PPG paint jobber I was able to
get a DCC color formula for the green. DDL and
DAR mixing colors are no longer available.
Email me if you want it. Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 12:53 am:

Thanks Dale. A PM was sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 09:39 am:

This is the incorrect color listed on the club website page. Totally wrong, too light.

Here's what the color looked like in 1910. It has been described as "all but black...." green.

Here is a '10 painted in a more appropriate shade of green:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:14 am:

That 1910 is so dark green that indoors it looks black. The green and blue cars had to be out in direct sunlight for the colors to show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:43 am:

True Steve. The light in my shop is extremely bright. That car looks black if parked in the shade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

FWIW For my "moch" 1909 I used 2 parts "Oliver Green" to one part Gloss Black VanSickle Tractor Equipment & Industrial Enamel. It was a pleasing and economical choice for this car. While not as glossy as better paints it does look more like what the Fords looked like after the first month or two.
Just my solution.
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration