Model S for Sale on eBay- unless someone posted already?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model S for Sale on eBay- unless someone posted already?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:20 am:

I though it was an interesting car that one doesn't normally see on eBay. Not mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-/291860624618?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43f43f b4ea:g:S70AAOSwFe5Xxg7Z&item=291860624618

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Looks like a 1907 Model R in the photos.

A Model S - introduced in the fall of 1907 as a 1908 model- would have splash shields and a mother in law seat. Like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:27 am:

It looks like to me it has a small body like the Model N . The the S Runabout had the same body as the N but with Model R running boards and finders .This car my be a Model S Runabout with Model S Roadster running boards and finders. Or a Model N with the same. Do your home work before bidding .Great car ether way I would love to have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:28 am:

The "Model S" listed for sale:

The body appears to be N, S Runabout or R Runabout. However, the car has the Model N exhaust pressure oiler, instead of the McCord mechanical oiler R and S models came equipped with.

Model R Runabout:

Model S Runabout:

The fenders and running board resemble the S Roadster posted by Royce. Just because the fenders may be incorrect is not always an indicator a car is assembled or "made up."

This photo still appears on the website "American Automobiles" and is incorrectly listed as a Ford Model S. It's in fact a Model N with aftermarket rumble seat and fenders-running board package. The photo was taken in 1925:

http://www.american-automobiles.com/Ford/1907-Ford.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

For those that cannot afford this nicely restored (if questionably correct) Ford are interested? There has also been a NRS project pile on eBad (about a day to go and reaching reserve). Even though it is nearby me, I have decided that I cannot go after it. But if a potential buyer may need a hand with it? I could maybe help a little?
Disclaimer, I do not claim to be an expert on the NRS Fords, and am saving this thread to my bookmark file for future reference.

Thanks Rob and all for the additional information.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration