Fordor Ford's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fordor Ford's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

I have a 1927 Fordor sedan. How many people have the Fordor's? There don't seem to be many of the Ford Fordor Model T's around and there don't seem to be many 1926/27's around. Do you have a photo of your FORDOR ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

We took our car with us this last May. Six days driving it in Yellowstone, then the town of Custer and Sioux Falls and also in Devils tower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Mr. Thum, You have a great car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Great photo Steve, very cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

I have a '27 Fordor and have owned it for many years. You can see a picture of it on my profile.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

I have a 24 with the aluminum body panels and doors, i have pictures but can't post them, i have been unable to find a resizer that works on 10.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Mine (1927 original black paint) full of grandkids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Great Fordor you have there!

There are fewer "Closed"Ts because so few were made when you compare production numbers to the "Open" cars, and, they cost more money,possibly influencing the budget minded buyer.

There are also a few drawbacks to a closed model, one is weight (although the Fordor made use of aluminum body panels) the closed (heaver) cars had to make due with the same 20 horsepower motor. They can get a little warm in the Summer, even with all windows open, and the noise level in the interior is a little higher.

Now with the above being said, I'm partial to the closed cars being the owner of a 1925 Tudor. Someday if another T is in the cards it will be a Brass Era 1914 touring, but I will always have a closed car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 01:17 am:

My Mother won a 27 roadster from the local Ford dealer in a raffle (in 27). Because she was a school teacher in a one room school house and had to drive at least five miles one way to school, down dusty or muddy roads depending on conditions and in the winter time (before global warming), her Dad paid the dealer $25.00 to upgrade her from the roadster to a coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 07:15 am:

Ric, Use ( PAINT ) after you open it in it, go to image, then to stretch/ skew, stretch is in %, type in the same (%) in both horizontal and vertical. I usually have to reduce mine and I use 45%. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 07:46 am:

1923 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Lets try again,24 FordorFordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

Anybody interested in getting a Fordor? Especially near the West coast? Might I suggest checking Ted Johnson's ad on our site?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/672653.html?1473090594

No pictures yet (it is his son's and some distance away). And I don't think I have ever seen the car, so I may not be much help. But Ted and his sons are good T people.
Now, continue posting pictures of Fordors! I love seeing them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

I have an early 26 Fordor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Manufactured, February 1926. Garage kept for 90 years and never restored. Only thing not original is a layer protective red paint, nicely applied by a prior owner. Body and body wood is in great condition. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:55 am:

The one with wire wheels is my '23 sitting next to a '25 on the Land of Enchantment Tour this past June

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 09:17 am:

Bryce your photo of your 23 sitting next to a 25 clearly show the distinction of the low cowl T's from the high cowl 24-25 T's.

Great looking cars and a good clear lesson of the noticeable differences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

26 in my shed:

And her body style appropriate "jewelry":

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Daniel,

I have a '26 Fordor. My granddad bought it new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Any of you 4 door owners have an original upholstered passenger front door panel? Red stripe that is collecting dust?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

A little grouse hunting last fall. The gun is 6 years older than the car. Model 12 Winchesters are my other weakness. My other T has some Fordor body parts, too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration