A Touring Day, Switch Repair, Motorcraft F-11's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A Touring Day, Switch Repair, Motorcraft F-11's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

I had to move some cars today, so I lined up four of our T's. Yes, I'm partial to Tourings. We drove the 14 on a three day trip last week. This car always runs so good. On our way home it began to rain shortly after we left. A short time later the 14 started to miss. I jiggled the key a little, it died than back fired, I let go of the key and it ran perfect the rest of the way home. The next day I took the switch apart, one of the nuts had fallen off and all the connections were loose. I put it all back together with loctite. While I was working on it, I decided to check the plugs. When I put this engine together, these were F-11 plugs that I had kicking around. I stuck them in and was going to buy a new set, but I never got around to it. I've put over 10,000 miles on it, and haven't touched the plugs since I put them in.They still look good, so I just cleaned them up and put them back in. I'm using the original T ignition with an original Nu Day timer, and Ron Patterson coils. The points have lasted longer than Ron said they would. Now that we have the National Tour behind us, I have to get back to work on the 24. We put a few miles on it today, it is nice and tight, and what surprises me is I haven't lined the front end up yet. It steers and handles perfect with junk front wheels and tires on it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

A better picture of the 14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 08:01 am:

Nice bunch of T's Thanks for the story

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 05:29 am:

Thanks John, glad you enjoyed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration