Metal plates on floorboards??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Metal plates on floorboards??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:14 am:

I am guessing that there were metal plates on the floorboards near the pedals for 1918 correct? What kind of screws were used to hold them on?

thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 07:35 am:

Early cars had round head screws, later on the pedal plates were just folded around the wood to be held in place. Wind deflectors on late cars were held by hollow rivets. See this thread:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/533732.html?1429034547

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 09:56 am:

Thank you guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:07 am:

John Regan makes faithful reproductions of the flat pedal and brake lever trim, at least through 1917.

http://www.funprojects.com/products/3630-3633E3.aspx

It may be possible that it was carried over into the 1918 model year. You can read the record of changes if you open the "certificate of authenticity" on the webpage.

Both my roadster (May 1917) and my father's touring (July 1917 and last month of model year) have the flat metal trim which is held down with screws. They do not have the "lugs" to which John Regan refers in his "certificate of authenticity."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Since I'm not up to going out to the garage this morning, I'm guessing a #8X 1/2" R.H. slotted.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration