Battery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Battery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Garcia on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Need to know battery size (Optima Red Top) for my 1925 T. Is it 25 or 34?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

You must be talking 12 volt I assume?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, September 05, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Optima makes a 6 volt !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 06:22 am:

Right Steve. They make only one Yellow top and one Red top for 6 volt applications.

I had to wonder why Tom was asking about 25 or 34 series as they are 12 volt size series batteries. Maybe he runs 12 volts in his car, or just doesn't realize he is looking at 12 volt batteries.

I can tell you a 34 series battery is WAY to big to fit in a T battery box. A 25 series "MIGHT" be close as it is smaller, but you'd have to check the size dimensions. This all of course if your running 12 volt systems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 07:23 am:

Tom, I just went through with this question with my í22 roadster. The 18 month old Exide 6-volt battery died and I didnít want to spend $90 for another one. I have an old (Samís Club) yellow top Optima 12-volt battery which is about 3/4 inch too long to fit in the box. I decided to use a 6-volt red top Optima battery. It fits perfectly in the box laying on its side and cranks the engine faster than the Exide battery did when it was new. I bought the battery on Amazon and had it two days later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:25 am:

An Optima 6 volt battery will fit on an angle in a standard T battery box. You have to put a piece of plywood in the bottom of the box to raise it up level with the top.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration