Downeast Maine fall tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Downeast Maine fall tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Can someone give me the itinerary of the fall tour that starts tomorrow (Wednesday)? Times and places,
thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

The tour pretty much is Thursday thru Sunday event. Tomorrow is a day to arrive and get ready - the tour packages should be there and available around 1 from what I know.

Thursday - we are visiting the Colby Art Museum in Waterville

Friday - we are going down to the Winterport Speedway for some fun there

Saturday - we are going to drive up to Greenville for the "fly-in" at Moosehead Lake

Sunday we usually break-up but there are some suggestions if you hang around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Maybe next year.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Mark,
My car wasn't ready for this years tour but I would like to meet up with group at the seaplane fly in and go on the boat tour of the lake. And , of course look at all the Ts there and compare. I'll say hello if make it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

It sure would be fun to go on the Downeast Maine tour, but it's on the same weekend as the OCF.
Bummer!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

I went on last year's tour. I trailered my 26 truck up there from Virginia and my Dad went with me (he lives in Orrington). It was my first T tour and the fulfilment of a dream my Dad and I have had since I was in high school (I'm 51 now). We had a blast. I missed this year but plan to make it next year. What a great job the Down East Chapter does in putting this tour on. I can't thank them enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Gentlemen, The Mainely T Tour is one of the best T tours in the country. I was signed up for this year's tour,but my wife has some problems with her joints and I had to cancel. Nice people and beautiful country side. THe lobster is wonderful !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Too bad you can't come up this year Peter, we will miss seeing you both, and your car too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

I have been on 22 of them, since 1990 and enjoyed every one, even if it rained for 3 days, which happened a few times.

My T performed bad for the first 8 or 10 tours, but I learned a great deal about Model Ts while there.

John Anderson was never short of good stories either.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration