NEW tail/brake/directional wireless lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NEW tail/brake/directional wireless lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

I've done some research on this set up, mostly confusing and priced from $32.99 to $545.00 !!! I just need something reasonably priced/dependable to get me by this summer till I can do a good job of replacing the set up this winter. Has anyone tried these wireless light systems, are they worth the money, are they dependable, what specific brand or website address. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

John

I got the Signal Pod bicycle wireless LED turn lamp.

https://www.amazon.com/International-Signal-Wireless-Bicycle-Signalling/dp/B006CKFB88

The control fit right on the T steering wheel spider, simple bracket fit to the rear. Works great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

So what your say'n here Dan is that I need two separate units (1) for directionals and (2) tail/brake lights ??? It's super important that these lights must be LED. Traffic around this area especially "going home after work" is a death wish. I avoid any high traffic when possible but you know sooner or later it's going to happen !!! I'm hoping that more will chime in, thanks for your response Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 08:27 am:

John, this unit looks to be remarkably similar to the "E-lights" that many of us have on our cars, from the Egypt Garage. I'm wondering what sort of mounting bracket is on the backside of this particular model's signal unit...the Egypt's have a set up whereby it mounts on a bracket that attaches basically to your license plate, but can be attached other places if need be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

John

Turn signals are normally separate wiring to add to any T, you need indicator switch unit, flasher, and twin lamps on the rear.

Tail lamps came stock with the Model T, only a single lamp, but many add two tail lamps, for safety, even if your state allows a single tail lamp, that most do.

Stop lamps weren't on T's until early '20's when they came about, Ford offered a single combo Stop/Tail lamp in 1926.

So, yes you should add Stop lamps with a switch working off the brake pedal, tail lamps, and some states require turn indicators on all vehicles, even antiques.

The wireless ones are bicycle types adapted to cars, normally a single lamp, and for usage on autos, you should use the simple lamp wireless indicators in tandem with you manual hand sign signals.

Best would be dedicated front and rear signal lamps, but that takes a lot of wiring and install efforts on the different types of Model T's on tour.

The low cost China units are same as Egypt Garage, only have handlebar mounts, but the brackets are identical to the plastic dove tail locking bracket for removal that are on the Egypt Garage offering. Adapting the handle bar mounts is easy to do if making your own vehicle mount for the single lamp.

low cost bicycle wireless signal single lamp mount

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration