OCF Forecast

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OCF Forecast
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Ok, so I'm trying NOT to be the weather guru here (even though my last name is Elliott) but I keep eyeing the 10 day forecast for Dearborn, Michigan and now it's forecasting a high of 77 degrees, with an 80% chance of thunderstorms! I realize that still means we have a 20% chance of nice weather, but you have to realize we have had one of the hottest, sunniest and driest summers on record. The only day we DON'T need rain on is this Saturday and Sunday! So say your prayers or do your anti-rain dances, but you may want to bring an umbrella just in case!


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

If it does rain Bill I think it'll only be saturday. I'm doin the rain dance for down here...we're desperate. Only 4" entire summer in my corner of the county.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Lest we forget,our arm bands let us go in the museum free in case of rain! Yup it was very hot and dry and other places had huge floods but the price of corn don't show it! I can't believe it's a election year and no one has kissed a pig or stepped in it!! Bud who needs to wash his model T!!


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

Bill, no one but a local will know your reference to Sonny Elliot the weatherman. He was one of television's first on-air weathermen.

For everyone's enlightenment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZD-gKG5-g8

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/16/beloved-detroit-weatherman-sonny-eliot-di es/

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20121116/FREE/121119891/sonny-eliot-legenda ry-detroit-weatherman-dead-at-91


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Wow, Chris, I'm impressed! I kinda knew that when I wrote it but couldn't resist! And Tim, I know the forecast is for Saturday only, but that is the main day including the gas light parade! I'd rather have the rain on Sunday but I'm not in control of the valve.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Bill, I'm sure the rain, if it even materializes, will be done by the time the gaslight parade is on. But hey, a little "mist" might just add to the ambiance of the lights! (Glass half full) Kinda be like how it was back in the day when maw told paw to go get groceries no matter what the weather!


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Bill,

As Sonny knew, Michigan weather is a changeable thing. The timing on the storms, as well as the certainty of them, is constantly changing. Just make sure to bring an umbrella and car cover, just in case.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Hurricane Newton is headed up Baja and is set to hit southern Arizona tomorrow morning. Could make for an interesting drive to the airport to catch my flight.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 08:22 am:

My baby sister lives in Chandler, other than the brief spat of flooding rains a while back, as usual, they're in dire need of rain too. Maybe this will help them and at least southern CA. Who knows


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 11:27 am:

I dated an Indian girl once, but every time I took her dancing, it rained.... :-)


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Tim,
The weatherman was predicting rains of biblical proportions. Just a sprinkle in Tucson when I left this morning and cloudy and not much rain waiting on my flight at Sky Harbor.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

It looks a little better today. My 11 year old son Sam and I are heading there friday a.m.. See ya'll there!


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 06:13 am:

Finally! It's here!

Thursday night I noticed a dry hole in the weather so I drove my '16 down Hines Drive and got the best spot in employee parking. I then covered the car in anticipation of the rain. At the same time, I rescued my wife's modern car that I had stashed there and went home... to pandemonium.

My son was in my garage getting his cars ready and I ended up staying up past ten helping him. All planning is useless when you have a kid in the hobby.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 07:16 am:

Back in bible days when it rained 40 days and 40 nights we got a half a inch.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 07:21 am:

My prediction is 95% chance of good times with scattered fun!!


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 07:25 am:

We will start out this afternoon and i would like to say thank you in advance for those who do so much for this event!!!Bud.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn - Davisburg, MI on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 07:44 am:

I agree, Bud.

By the looks of the weather forecast for tomorrow, I'll be bringing tarps and an e-z up.


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Bud, I also agree.

We are heading out in just a few minutes....see you soon.

Keith


Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Grandma is flying around about 90 mph and if i stay out of her way i'll be lucky!! Bud.


Add a Message


This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration