What rearview mirror?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What rearview mirror?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

I need to get a rearview mirror for the '26 touring.
The top is not on just yet. That project is on the list but not at the top.
Do I just need the center mirror or should I get a drivers mirror as well?
If I need the driver rearview mirror, what kind should I get?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

For a 26 it should be nickel, but I suspect chrome may be as close as you can get. The center mirror is a nice accessory, but I expect when you get the top up you'll want the outside mirror to go with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 07:40 am:

Ford sold accessory mirrors in '26. They were black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Bill Bohlen of Antique T Auto Sports makes the best mirrors I know of. I've used several, and they don't vibrate like all the others do. You can actually see when using them! :-)

They're pricey, but they work well. They are available in black, brass, or chrome. You can look up his website and contact Bill to order, or you can buy one listed on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-rear-view-mirror-1916-1927-/161589139780?ha sh=item259f769944:m:mlytUSMG1QtHDhLc3nMesuA&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

I can see how ut would indeed be more stable...but drilling a hole in the stansion?? Is that wise? Seems like a good sized hole like that eould be a not so good hole in the stansion....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration