1925 coupe picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1925 coupe picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Hope the new resizing attempt works. This is my '25 coupe showing the powered entry step I built for easier entry as the original running board is almost 17" from the ground. I used a 1954 Lincoln power seat motor and mounted switches at both sides of the seat just above the floor level. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Clever! The '54 Lincoln would have been 6 Volts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Brilliant! Can't wait to see the Youtube video of the power step in action. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

The best part was that the power seat motor/gear drive had an automatic over-ride clutch at both ends of the travel so that the motion stopped even if you held the switch on too long. I wanted to keep it 6 volts and had been trying to figure a way to use micro-switches to stop the travel before I discovered the power seat set-up. Surprisingly, some people think it's a factory option, especially when the see the "FORD" script in the cut up running board. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Mark , I have a video, but it's 31MB and I don't know how to resize it if that's even possible. I can send it in an email if you want. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Don't resize it, just post it on Youtube, then post a link to the Youtube video here, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY6jBz4d6Kk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

Very cool and a great looking coupe too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Sorry Mark. I'm not computer savvy enough. Might as well ask me to land the lunar module. if you send some instructions, I'll try though.(not the lunar module). Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Bruce, I sent you a PM, check your email. If not there, check your spam folder. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

My standard advice when people are stumped by computer stuff is Get some kid to teach you how. The important word is teach, not show.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration