Rear Axle Housing Bent

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rear Axle Housing Bent
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Gillespie on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Does anybody know how to straighten a bent rear axle? Iím in the process of restoring this 1911 rear axle to put on my 11T. It almost looks like somebody tried to pick the car up with the axle when the car was upside down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Gillespie on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

you will have to put the bent housing in a lathe, then use a bull nose center in the tail stock, then heat it where it is bent while the lathe is running bring the center in to the bearing hole this will bring it back to center, that is how i do it. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Gillespie on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Thanks Charlie
Do you know anybody who would od this type of work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

i will let you know tomorrow i think my bro will do it, he has better shop for this work. he has been doing shafts that way for years. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Kevin! give me a call!! Charley- 417-394-2788

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Kevin,

I sent my bent housings to The Tin Shed out in California. Larry did a great job. Loco Larry's number is 562-941-6131. Hope he is still in business.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Gillespie on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Thanks Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/188344.html?1297335103
try this for more ideas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration