OT - a few Dearborn to Lansing tour photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - a few Dearborn to Lansing tour photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

We began this morning in a driving rain. Throughout the 110 mile trip to Lansing we had intermittent rain and dry, with a few sightings of the sun. Below are a few pics of cars, and one stop. I believe there are about forty cars on the tour, including some brass Ts. Met a couple of forum members the tour. One Model K owner ran out of gas too. :-(

Tied up for the night at the Lansing Ford BMW Mercedes dealership:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

I spy Wayne Funk's pie wagon. If you haven't yet, have a talk with him. He is a fantastic person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Where was the airport located on the trip.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 05:49 am:

Wayne Funk is one of the smartest, nicest people you will ever meet! He lives about three miles from me and has been a huge help with most of my T issues that I couldn't figure out myself - plus he has a great collection of really awesome cars, including his magnificent Winton!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 09:24 am:

It looks as though the red plane is a Champ and the yellow one a Fairchild, but most Fairchilds that I have seen have been converted (from the Ranger engine) to Jacobs radials. That one seems to have a P&W decal on the cowl. Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Live from the tour.....

The return trip began with dense fog. Here the two Ks stop to light headlamps then drive on in the fog:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3PCJ3r16k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Thanks for the video! Interesting method of climbing into the back seat, step on the hubcap.

Drive carefully and stay safe! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Blatant bump.
Great pics. COOL video. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:17 pm:

I'm very jealous. This is a bucket list item for me. But, I can't see myself being able to do it before 2020, when our youngest heads off to college. As it stands, our kids start each school year on the day after Labor Day. I just can't leave them or yank them out of school and sports that week.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration