1920 Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1920 Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Teresa and I ran across a 1920 roadster at a used car lot. It is represented as a mid 70's restoration that looks pretty good. It has 5 Pasco wheels with tires moderately cracked. The Ruckstell shifts smoothly and the stock engine starts easily and runs smoothly. The interior has little wear, the top is new as we were told the aging owner hit the garage door which was one of the reasons he decided to sell it. The door fits well and the metal and paint are in great shape. It has engine pans and side lights. It accelerates smoothly and shifts well with little noise from the transmission. It overheated on my shirt drive and though it was a little low on water I suspect the round tube radiator either needs flushing or replacement. It also needs the Ruckstell torn down to check the thrust washer. The engine runs well on mag and even gave a free start but is otherwise unknown. I'm open to suggestions on approximate value. I've got a 23 touring and 26 coupe but this would be a nice addition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Tires $1000. Rear axle rebuild $600, radiator $100-700 would be the fair deductions. Maybe 9k?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Radiator; I'd start with laying it flat and fill it with vinegar for a day (8-12 hrs) and see what comes out. At most $10.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:44 am:

I think I have a fair understanding of the car value but wonder about it's value with an unknown engine. The way the rest of the car is detailed I assume the engine was either "freshened up" or completely overhauled but likely in the 70's. Also, I haven't a clue of the value of the 5 painted Pasco wheels with 4 hubcaps and the Boyco looking set of cans for the running board. I likely won't get much info from the dealership and likely won't get the previous owner's name to contact until or if I purchase it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:46 am:

A Model T in a used car lot!! Hope you get it at a fair price. Any pictures to post? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 11:25 am:

I would think the Pascos would easily add $2000 to the value. If the motor sounds that good and doesn't smoke I would expect many miles left.
Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

If the Pasco wheels & hubs are nice, around here they could draw 3K by themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

I haven't figured out how to move pics from my iPhone 5 to post on the forum and am away from home. I'll have to wait till Tuesday unless I send by text to someone. Steve? My cell 605-280-6177

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration