'24 Model T in Moscow Oldtimer JLR Rally (110km!)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '24 Model T in Moscow Oldtimer JLR Rally (110km!)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 02:44 am:

Hello, friends!
Last Sunday (4th of September) me with my spouse and my friends took a part in Jaguar-LandRover Rally in Moscow.
It was 31 cars started to the track via Moscow - distantion 110km. The last stage was the most difficult for us - because the average speed was set to 60km/h. We did our best and reached 54 km/h of average speed!
Our result is 5/31 in total and 2/4 in Veteran (before 1949) class - great result for the oldest car in this race!

See some pictures below.
More pics are here (and the text in Russian)
https://www.drive2.ru/l/453632385292960683/
https://www.drive2.ru/l/453322048136020236/

Btw, my "1920s" suit is new-made, but the dress of my wife Katya - is the real authentic 100+yrs old dress of her grand-grand-mother!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 03:03 am:

Wonderful!
I love the photographs. Your T is looking very good.
Thank you so much for sharing this here.
Congratulations on a fun rally!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Very interesting photos. Thank you for sharing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Great pics, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 09:40 am:

GOOD STUFF! Many Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Great pictures, Michael. Thank you. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Hi Michael ,
I work for JLR, looks like a lot of fun!! Enjoy!!

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 11:43 am:

I see you have the dashcam as most drivers in Mocow. I drove extensively in eastern Europe and it is a challange if you are not used to it. Looking good!!! Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Wonderful pictures. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Frank, this is not a cam, but a navigator. Useful thing in rally)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration