Selling on Tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Selling on Tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 11:38 am:

I mistakenly posted this to the classifieds area, so forgive my stupidity! I'm thinking about selling a car (not my '14) on ebay and was wondering if any of you have experiences to pass on to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

This isn't specific to eBay, but some of it may apply. http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG100.html

Bill, did you ever have any luck getting your mirrors back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Nope, I was really hoping they would be in today's post but no luck. When I spoke with her last Friday, she assured me they were done and she was mailing them priority mail. I realize she probably didn't get to the post office until Tuesday, but I still would have thought they would have come by now. I resorted to buying a pair of cosmetic mirrors and they seem to fit fine. I just hope they don't crack when I light the lamps for the gas light parade on Saturday night!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

If she sent them via Priority mail, there should be a tracking number - did she give you the tracking number?

If you have the tracking number, you can check on the package here:

www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

O.k., they finally arrived today! She told me she was shipping them USPS Priority Mail, but I called her after I posted the above note and she said she ended up using UPS. So about fifteen minutes ago the UPS guy shows up with my lenses! They look pretty good, but not nearly as reflective as I hoped they'd be. I'll post some photos after the OCF, which I am preparing for right now. The only problem I'm having is keeping them in place. I have the early, spring device holding them in place as opposed to the three leaded pieces and the lenses keep moving around. I'm afraid after I drive her around the park for a while the lenses will come loose. I've tried packing them in back with insulation, which helps a little but I don't think it will take much to loosen them up. Do you think I should use some type of adhesive on the backs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Before you list on ebay check out the completed and sold auction/sales to see what they have been going for.
If you're satisfied with the results go for it.
I never play the "reserve price" crap game......I start auctions at the minimum I will accept to sell and save interested parties a lot of time.
I think you can list 12 free photos and additional photos are cheap.
You can write an epic description but PICS tell the story so don't chintz out on photos.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration