Choke Rod Reproduction Source

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Choke Rod Reproduction Source
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scot Taylor on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Looking for contact information on the Chickasha vendor who had the high quality choke rods for sale. Scot Taylor email:roadster@olypen.com phone 360 460-7500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

If you mean the choke wire that goes through the radiator, that would probably be Mike Walker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scot Taylor on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Does someone have Mike Walker's contact info?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

We have them. Chaffin's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 09:18 am:

Lang's is the only vendor selling mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 11:45 am:

You can make your own from welding rod or an old coat hanger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

If you make your own, here is the full monty on how to do it!

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/ARCFX9.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

What is RAVEN finish?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

From older post on the subject, the reply covers it. :-)

By R.V. Anderson on Friday, December 13, 2013 - 05:30 pm:
Raven Finish was Ford's term for a black oxide similar to Parkerizing, ebonol, and the like. Some were/are a hot process and others cold. I don't think that the exact process used has been discovered in any Ford documents, but surviving examples bearing Raven Finish seem quite similar to these other finishes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Last Spring I purchased the correct for 1925 ( Walker) Choke Rod from Lang's and I'm very pleased with it. Looks much better then the common thin brass example.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration