OT- Need a resource for a part for a vintage shotgun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Need a resource for a part for a vintage shotgun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

I just swapped some junk for an old Sears & Roebuck Model 21 Ted Williams 12 gauge pump shotgun. He could not figure out why he could not slide the action back in. I took it apart and the firing pin had come out and lodged everything solid. It really messed up the firing pin spring but surprisingly did not bend the pin. The reason it all happened is the retaining pin is missing. I'm not real sure that I have the right firing pin for the gun either. I've talked to Brownells and they don't carry the part, Gun is too old they said..So, I'm looking for a firing pin, spring and retaining pin. Where do I look?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

Gunpartscorp.com. Also know as Numrich Gun Parts. I've been a customer for years with them. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Thanks Robert, With any luck I'll have this old gun working like new again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

I think a J.C. Higgins Model 21 is pretty much the same shotgun. The internal parts were the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

Thanks guy for the help, I ended up calling Numrich, They checked the model numbers that were on the gun and it turns out that it was made by Hi Standard and they called it a Model K120 Flight King 12 gauge made in the mid 60's. Got the parts on the way. The old double barrel is a H.W. Hamilton SxS Belgium made between 1875 and 1890. Found the hammers for it thru Dixie Gun Works. Over many verbal protest from the wife in a week or so she will be hanging on my wall over the TV. All in all a very productive morning. Thank you to all that helped. Should had mentioned that old guns are another hobby of mine.

Took the wife to the range yesterday and someone was shooting a full auto, Id say they walked thru around 300 rounds in just a few minutes! It was music to my ears! I love to listen to them fire but I could never afford to fire that weapon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

So, Just reread my post, It should have said that the shotgun will be hanging on the wall, Not the wife!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration