Went for a drive today, putting on another coil box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Went for a drive today, putting on another coil box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

I'm about to go put a later coil box on my car. Nothing wrong with the one I have but I don't have the lid and I spent as much time cramming coils back in as I did driving. 14 lid is hard to find and I bought one, left it laying around and it came up missing. I gotta hurry before dark, I'm ready to go again before dark. Don't know how the picture messed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

ah, I had to use the old rubber running shoe trick as I drove one day..One shoe on the floor and the other holding the coil down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:05 am:

"One shoe on the floor and the other holding the coil down" Been there done that! :-)
Not cheap but;
https://www.modeltford.com/item/4726COV.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:14 am:

This style appears to fairly cheap. Wondering how it would fit your box if you just cut down the tapered bottom edge? Wouldn't 100% correct, but might work and you could keep the correct coil box in place till the proper lid shows up one day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:16 am:

oops, forgot the photo...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration