Upholstery for a 1926 tudor sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Upholstery for a 1926 tudor sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Springer on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

I,m lucky enough to find a true barn find. A 1926 tudor sedan with the original 26 licenses plate on it. It don't seem to have but a few hundred miles on it, but some one has taken all the interior. I don't want new. it would be great to find good usable upholstery. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Good luck! It may be easier winning the Lotto. If the interior was in good condition, chances are the exterior was in better condition and it wouldn't make any sense to gut it. I believe you'll have to do what I am going to do with my '26 Tudor: call Classtique and write a big check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Springer on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

I thought this would be hard if not next to impossible. My goal is to keep the barn find look throughout. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 01:52 am:

Allen,
If the car truly has so few miles on it, a new-looking interior would be appropriate; on such a low-mileage car, there wouldn't be any seat wear. If the car was closed up, and hadn't been stripped, the upholstery would have appeared near-new anyway!
As to finding a good interior, I too, had such hopes with my '26 tudor as it was stored in an dirt floor barn and critters ate most of the upholstery and even the top material--however, the rest of the car does have much wear on it, so I'd need some half-worn out upholstery! haven't found any yet, except for a back seat back! (which had been taken out of my car back in the 40s to haul "stuff" apparently, The remaining family members didn't know the whole story!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 06:02 am:

Allan, Photos please, This could be a learning experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Springer on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:03 am:

I'll try to post photos later. keep in mind this car was found in a wooden barn so time and damp air has aged it. The paint is rough but there is not a dent in it. People have take parts like the interior, hood, door glass and other small things. I think it may of had wire spoke wheels but it now has miss matched tires and wood spoke wheels. What glass is left is like new no rust other then some surface rust the doors and doors handles work like the the day it came from the dealer. Inside the gas tank is shiny like new metal. The rear brake drums still has the black paint on the in side, the brake shoes has not wore it off. the brake lining is like new. If a person wanted to restore a model T this is the one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Springer on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Would any one be interested in buying this true barn find. I build street rods for people. This T was headed that direction. I couldn't let it happen. After realizing I'm not a T person I don't know what to do with it. I paid $5000 and the spent another $250. The reason I saved it from someone like me was it still had it's original license plate and was in amazing shape.
Allan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:35 am:

As others have posted, pictures please. You won't generate interest with a few words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Just out of curiosity .... what would happen to new upholstery fabric if it was washed a few times? Maybe even with a VERRRRRY mild bleach solution? I'd hate to write a big check like that on an experiment, however!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Springer on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:54 am:

I will post photos as soon as I can. I under stand that pictures are worth a thousand words.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration