Race Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Race Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Fairground Racers at High River Alberta

This is so much fun.

Les Schubert did a "super tune up" on Ted's car and now it really moves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

THAT would be a blast!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Aw schucks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Wow! That 72 looks crazy fast! Any numbers to share along with the engine particulars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

1/2 mile lap times right about 50 seconds. Some suspension improvements needed now. The car was "squirrelly " in the corners!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

So what's with the speedster with the batteries and no gas tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Jay, I believe the one you are interested in is Harry Lillo's "Orange Crush". It is an original fairground racer that Harry pulled out of the weeds.

Doug Little in the foreground. Harry on the rail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Before the race Trevor was considering selling his racer. As the race approached he changed his mind. Here's why.

Train up a child in the way she should go and when she is old she just might become one heck of a race car driver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Fun stuff! Extremely FUN stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

I started to build one of those years ago and still have the engine under the bench ready to go. I was going to turn one of my hayfields in to a track and then several people told me they didn't think anybody would come all the way from Calgary -- about 300 miles -- to race.

I think I need to get back on the project. I'm pretty sure I'd drive 300 miles to go do that.

Man that looks like fun. Last time they did it I posted some video on you tube.

Zoom Zoom!

Jay, that Orange Crush car belongs to Harry Lillo. The gas tank is up in front of the cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Before the time trials I asked my wife to ride with me and capture some video with my phone. It is pretty scary for the passenger coming into the corners, she protested and I slowed down. Coming into the second corner she was too nervous to keep filming.

Here is a short clip

https://youtu.be/WLe0b5dd3jk

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration