Who is Still at the Old Car Festival ( Picts)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Who is Still at the Old Car Festival ( Picts)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

My Wife and I are wandering around Greenfield Village for the OCF and were looking for other Club members that are here. We would love to get a ride around the village in your cars if you get a chance. Send a PM and let me know where you are and we can get together.

The weather is so nice for this weekend. What a great time we are having.

Here is a few pictures for you Guys.

Fred & Lisa

(Message edited by Fred on September 10, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 06:11 am:

Fred,
Stop by the 13 area and I will be glad to give you rides in our 13.
Brent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 06:18 am:

I'll be glad to give you a ride. Car is profile pic. Parked in the blue zone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 06:19 am:

Stop by the 27s if you would like as well. If I'm there I will be parked in front of the sign for the Hermitage Slave quarters. Or if you see a black 27 Tudor with straw color wheels (see profile pic) wave me down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 06:57 am:

This has to be the best old car event. I was looking at cars in the parking lot getting ready to drive in when a couple of guys asked if I wanted a ride in a Hudson. I said sure and they drove in, so I got in a little early:-) Going back today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 07:08 am:

I don't know if it's just the camera angle or not but that TT looks to have a serious caster problem on that front axle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 07:40 am:

Early Fords including 1904 A, 1908 S roadster and runabout, three K and a 1909 T are across from the train station, in the Dearborn to Lansing tour cars section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Schrage on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 08:02 am:

Fred. We are across from the Eagle Tavern. Stop by and say hello. Picture in profile. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 08:29 am:

Three K's

K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Beautiful cars, wonderful event and I am sure fantastic people. Frank, look at the wishbone on that truck. I'd say disaster struck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I went for the first time. Really a lot of fun, and I'm guessing over one thousand cars. Mostly T's and A's, but everyone with a pre '33 car was invited. Randall Anderson invited me to fly out from California, and we had a super time. Other than a short rain storm on Saturday, the entire experience was rewarding. There is just too much to see, but for me one of the most interesting cars there was a 1915 Buick V-12. They only made two of them, and this one is the survivor, and still in the same family since new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

That Buick was the star of the show for me. I keep imagining what could have happened if they had gone into production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

I was parked across from the Stanley Steamers and saw lots of what they were doing. I didn't realize those cars varied so much in size. Some were very large but,the one that impressed me most was the little Stanley Runabout that looked not much different than my T but was steam powered. And where else would you see three Ford Model Ks together? This is my third OCF and my wife and I are now hooked. That event is an annual vacation away from the modern world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Looks like an assembly demo in the third photo. Who are the guys doing it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 05:51 am:

Steve,
It was the Canadian Model T Assembly Team. They've been there for quite a few years.

https://facebook.com/cdnmodeltassemblyteam/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 06:23 am:

Someone came up to my car Sunday without introducing himself and snapped a single photo of my windshield placard. I'm still wondering his motives. I noticed there were more cars Sunday versus Saturday.

I was given my front license plate at a car show. It was somewhat mangled and I managed to straighten it once I got home. It's one of my favorite souvenirs of the country that gave me a second summer this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:59 am:

Tom, that guy may have been "taking notes". Often when I take a picture of a car I'll also get a close-up of the info (make, model, year, etc.). It's easier than writing things down in a notebook, and with digtial pictures it doesn't cost extra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Tom Miller. I took that photo. I had taken some photos of your beautiful car and if I don't take a photo of the sign I can't remember the year. I remember you looking at me funny. That happens to me a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Haha.... it might have been me, too! I took a couple snaps of cards of locals... for n possible reference if I saw the name here in the forum! (I'm from Royal Oak, and only just recently joined Ed the local clubs. It likely wasn't thiugh, as I think they were just 20's cars. I do remember your car, though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

I take pictures of the car ID signs also. They identify the cars I take pictures of 'cause otherwise I might not remember all that info.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Gents,

Thanks for the explanations and kind words.
Only 358 days to the Old Car Festival.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration