Carb leaking gasoline

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carb leaking gasoline
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

When I open my fuel line, the carb on my 27 T starts to leak gasoline pretty badly. Hard to tell where it's coming from more exactly, but after a few seconds, the who exterior of the carb is wet with gas and I accumulate a nice puddle of gas underneath the car. Any thoughts? Can I fix that or do I need to replace the carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

That may be your no start problem. The float is sinking and allowing too much gas to flow. Sometime a rap of two in the side of the carb will fix it, but since this car has been in storage for a long time you may have a to get a carb. kit, including a new float, and do some work on it. It's not very hard to do. You have Bob's in Rockford, Ill. that probably has the parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Thx Hal. I'm definitely looking forward to working on this car. The leaky carb is one of my issues. But again, previous owner had same leaky carb and still got this car to start and run. So the carb is certainly part of my problem, but can't be my only starting issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

Eido, sounds like you have a sticky needle/seat/float in your carb which is very common, especially for a car that sat for a period of time. One way to tell is to give it a few love taps on the side of the car, and to see if it stops. In any case i would remove the carb and give it a good cleaning, and make sure the float is set to the proper height.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Thx John. I'll give that a shot.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration