Seeking Information Pin Stripe Color for Brewster Green Body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Seeking Information Pin Stripe Color for Brewster Green Body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

I am ready to start pin striping my new wheels for my 1910 touring which is Brewster Green. What color should the pin striping be? I have seen lots of patterns but nothing on the color. I would appreciate the help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Just a guess but since most of the pin stripes from '10-'13 were french grey I would suggest that. Sure looks good on my '13!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Tim is correct. French Grey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

I had an original 1910 that had traces of red pinstriping on a green body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Great Photo Royce!

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

I have seen red pinstripes on the green cars too.
Charlie Shaver might know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Reviewed Bruce's CD and in there are photos of original 1910 Touring, #23805.

Brewster Green dark, with red pin striping that is original to this T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:21 am:

The red stripe color is called "vermillion". I have striped many carriages/sleighs that original color combination. Those colors and technology were carried over from the horse drawn carriage industry. It's a very rich looking color combination. Your paint jobber can set you up with a color chip to match the color vermillion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Thank you all for your input! I believe I will go with the "vermillion".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

John, my 1910 touring has red striping.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration