Old car festival

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old car festival
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Still on my way home from Greenfield village. There is no way to explain what a wonderful event it was. I walked a lot and drove even more and still didn't see 1/2 of it all. My hats off to the people who worked the event and put all that together. The keystone cops stood all day directing traffic and did one heck of a good job of it. I hope to be there next year and be part of it all. You could close your eyes and open them again and find yourself back a hundred years. If your a old car nut like a few of the people I seen there it's a must do event.
Thanks Greenfield Village and all the fine folks who work there and the volenteers who worked so hard to put all that together. It was fun to put faces to all the forum members I've talked with on the forum. Great cars, Great People, Great place.
Richard Moore
Counce TN.
Richard E Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

I agree
Glad to have met you and others
Not your average car show . The people I met were very friendly and the general public were amazed that someone would let them ride along and touch the cars
Seeing cars is one thing but to be in traffic and having your windshield fogging up from the Stanley steamer in front of you was awesome.
Safe trip to you Richard and all others on their way home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Just home. My 5th year, and each year has been great. Met several forum members and gave quite a few rides. Now if I can just get the brass shined again..........

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

Rob,I'm glad your home safe and sound! I can't thank you enough for taking my grandson for a spin and he was very excited about it!!!!!! Speaking of the grandson,i think i drove in Friday afternoon and he drove the rest of it!! They need to do a better job with the parking of trailers but it was great and i got to see many friends i missed last year! Great to talk to Keith now if i only could get him to park by the shade tree!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Bud, my pleasure. Hope you and your grandson have many more old car memories.

Kimberly Shadduck took this photo of the three Ks in front of the train station:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 03:40 am:

Hope some of you guys, who were at the OCF, are gathering your pictures and putting together some awesome videos for all of us to see!
Does anyone know how many vehicles were there?

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 05:59 am:

Another great year. Wish I had a chance to meet a few more forum members. I did me Ed B and his son Sam (thanks Ed for letting my son hang out with yours). This was our eighth year and looking forward to many more.

Here are some links I posted on the "no pics" thread in case they were missed.
Running of the Quadricycle Replica https://youtu.be/PW0SteQmYs4

http://americajr.us/blog/2016/09/10/rain-doesnt-disappoint-car-lovers-at-2016-ol d-car-festival-in-dearborn/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 06:09 am:

Willis,

There were around 750 entries this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 07:55 am:

Our 5th year also of being there and it was a ball in spite of a couple of showers. Not as many Ts and As as before but quite a few Stanley's and more tillered steering cars. The lot along the street could have held many more trailers if parked correctly, but hats off to all that help put it on. We couldn't get Bud to take a ride in the Northern, but used up a tank of gas driving around there. This year they blocked the gravel roads we illegally drove on around the backside of the grounds, but with fewer cars there, congestion wasn't bad. We may take our new R next year so we can drive the tour to Lansing and back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:36 am:

Some more random photos.........OCF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:39 am:

More

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Now that everyone is home or just about home, wheels/tires and fender wells and undercarriages need to be cleaned of all the mud/grass. Those that work at Greenfield Village have an awful lot of ruts to fill.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

The sight sound and even smell of old engines running is what makes the OCF special for me. The cars may be neatly lined up for a while, then one will start up and make a lap, they don't stay static long.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

My favorite Picture from this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 01:12 pm:

Ed,That 6-40 was everywhere!! When told by our parking neighbors where to get a good burger we went to Millers Bar and the 6-40 was there!! First time i ever ate off wax paper instead of a plate in a bar but it was very good.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Saturday was fun, Sunday was fantastic!
Here is a map of the village from my first visit in 1960.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Another Sunday photo............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Check out the reflection of the cup and step plate in the door :-) Not only is it gorgeous, Brent's T is the quietest one I have encountered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

The secret to a quiet T...Good coils

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 06:10 am:

More pics
https://jrc-pressguide.smugmug.com/Localevents/Greenfield-Village-Old-Car/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 07:23 am:

Peter thanks for posting the link, those are some great photos..............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 07:23 am:

Was the gas light event a rain out?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 07:33 am:

The rain was long gone and the gas light went well! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Didn't rain on me on the gas light. Wouldn't be the first time my Ts been rained on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

You're welcome Rob S. Found some more. http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gallery/news/2016/09/10/old-car-festival-at-g reenfield-village/90192930/

There's a real good one of Rob in his K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Even more...
http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2016/09/13/greenfield-village-old-car-festiva l-2016/

This time the K is "Front Page News".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Great pictures, makes me realize I spent to much time with my own car............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

Same here.

Now for this video remember it's all about the car (Nice red Faultless Ford) and not the "reporter". https://youtu.be/oMJxnwD5fH4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

The '13 runabout posted above belongs to Brent Mize. Nice little car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Larry I am the current care taker owner of the 13 Runabout, Brent was there also a couple of cars down.........Gail Petipren owned the car for ten years and I bought it from her four years ago. She still comes each year to the OCF. She likes to ride and sit with it as she always did. Here is one taken of her last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Marty,

Now that your 35th narrating year is done. What are your thoughts and reflections on past OCFs? Thank you for your faithful service to help make it the great event that it is today!

Cheers,
Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration