1920 Laurel Speedster Build

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1920 Laurel Speedster Build
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 02:34 am:

Sharing some pictures of my 1920 Laurel Speedster Body that I'm making from scratch.
I'll be uploading as many pictures as I can here as well as my website www.westcoastmetalshaping.com
I hope you all enjoy it- body will be for sale once complete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 08:38 am:

Now that will be a winner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Are you going to build the radiator also? Someone had previously mentioned a good radiator shop in Sacramento for brass radiators. Maybe he could build you a core.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:24 am:

I always wondered, how does the core even work on a tapered radiator like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Tim, the top tank goes down each Sid quite a ways to reach the shorter tubes that are on the sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Radiator Shell - patterned off an original

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Bead detail on radiator shell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

Radiator Shell complete put together just like the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

That my friend is a work of ART!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Andy
I like your approach to the rad shell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Andy,

Beautiful workmanship!

You probably already know, but in case someone one else is looking to construct a speedster radiator shell, I would like to encourage them to be sure the front frame member has the correct distance between the radiator mounting holes. The front cross member is often stretched/deformed a little wider. For anyone else thinking of using a frame to fit the parts to, the posting by John Regan on his Fun Projects shows 21 1/2 inches between the radiator hole centers for 1909-1925 frames (should also be that on the 1926-27 frames) see: http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/FPIframe.pdf

Again, beautiful work! We look forward to photos as you continue your progress.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

Andy great start I'll be staying tuned

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

White American Ash Floor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

Ash Sills

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Underneath of the floor- Total Thickness is 1 3/4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Suciu on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Finished Floor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

I really am not a purist alert!

But.

I really am glad to see someone besides me build a speedster floor/frame the right way instead of modern type plywood!

Thank you for the update pictures.
I do have to admit, however, that I do not know exactly how Laurel Motors assembled their floors originally. But yours looks great!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration