So what is a '12 T block worth

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: So what is a '12 T block worth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

I was talking to a guy at the T races on the weekend that has a '12 block. This is a Canadian version that has the "made in USA" ground off at the factory. I see a '13 just sold for $800.00. What is a fair price for a '12?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Les,

1912 USA blocks don't have "Made in USA". So there would not be anything to grind off.

Maybe it is a 1913 model year block made in the latter part of 1912?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

I believe the later 1912 blocks did have "Made in USA" on them. The following is from the chronological list of changes.

"APR 16 Acc. 575, Letter 295, Ford Archives
T-240B front and rear hub cap. "Have specified the note "Made in U.S.A." to be placed on cap."
T-2530 & 2531 running boards. Specified to have the "Made in U.S.A." added.
T-400C cylinder block also to have the U.S.A. added."

The actual change to the block would have occurred well before the end of the 1912 model year production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

I have not seen the block. We did not actually discuss whether anything was cast on the side. The owner seemed confident it was a '12. As I have a '11-12 rear axle I have some interest
I have a spare '13 block for my touring that I drive quite a bit

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration