1926 Ford Coupe Ad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 Ford Coupe Ad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Ford Ad
Got this ad in an antique shop in Shipshawana, took me a month to get the file down small enough to post ( new computer )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 01:12 am:

Ads like these (and maybe this one) appeared frequently in The Saturday Evening Post. Several other guys I know and myself, have collected the full set (one for each body style). In fact, if I remember correctly, some body styles were featured in more than one ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Is it me or does that car look like it is painted black? I've seen period car ads where the shade of deep channel green is clearly distinguishable from the black fenders. I know lots of the early Improved cars and fleet cars were painted black, but I wonder why the ad touted the new "deep channel green" paint. I know the stability of the pigments in auto paint over time seems to change with time and oxidation, but those of the ads seems to keep their original hues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Kevin

The Channel Green was rather dark, and ads don't use paint color, but rather ink colors. But, most times the artist aligns the ink hue with the proper hue of the actual product, so I agree with you that old ads are pretty close to what the actual color was.

Original low mileage Green coupe above, print ad Green coupe below.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration