I need to break this bad habit...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I need to break this bad habit...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Sometimes folks answer a question by posting a link. I need to look at the link instead of posting something that shows I didn't. Makes me look like an idiot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

-Steve-
We all have taken turns at doing that. I try to do a thorough feet washing each day with my morning shower, 'cuz I greatly suspect I'll 'put my foot in my mouth' sometime during the day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

No idiot...

you just answer a question in a different way. Even in Kansas there are probably more ways to skin a cat than I can count.

Never met someone who takes as wonderful, vivid close-ups as you!

Winter is coming...is the roof & siding finished?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Yeah, there are different ways of answering. But it's a bit embarrassing when you post exactly what was in the link, or speculate on something it explained clearly and explicitly.

Dave, I'm happy to say the roof is done and the upstairs walls are within a few days. Another window frame, some more caulking, and a spraying of water seal, and I can start taking down scaffolds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Mostly not an idiot at all. Case in point, I was pondering how to build a magnet charger the other day, then yesterday, S. Jelf posts a question that get's answered with the very solution I was looking for when someone mentions Gingery's book. 120VAC powered charger plans! Book ordered, slide rule stays retired!

I had built one a few years ago that failed it's smoke test about 1/2 way through my magnet pile, so I put it aside to deal with at a later time... The topic was discussed many times here with some very creative ideas just not the one I was looking for.

Thanks Steve

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration