Freighter Jim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Freighter Jim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey Lemaux on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

The Detroit Police Museum has been looking for am 1919 or 1920 Model T Touring for a display at the museum. We have been looking at the 1920 Touring thats on ebay and craigslist in Huntville Alabama. My question is what would it cost to ship the car from therre to Detroit Michigan.. Right now the car is at a price we can afford so we will keep watching the acution but I was just trying to get a idea of shipping costs.

Jeff Lemaux
Curator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Jeff,

If you buy it - I will haul it for free.

Subject to availability ....

I have never hauled a vehicle for a museum at no charge before but I have tremendous respect & admiration for police & fire workers.

My oldest brother Joe was a Phoenix police officer in the 70's, he put himself thru law school doing that for a few years.

I rode along with him a few times.

On this trip I was privileged to listen to another Joe - a retired NYFD who was off the day the towers fell.

I spent a couple days in Ritzville, WA while my truck was being repaired.

His engine company was one of the first responders,
he was off that day on Long Island and could not get back into the city that day.

But for the Grace of God he was spared.

Let me know if I can help.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

Thanks Jim
You have my respect!!!
Dallas Landers JTFD Wolcottville IN
Volunteering for 31 yrs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Dallas,

Thank you Sir for your service.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Jim
I just don't know anything else as I joined when I was 16.
I have been watching that T they want. I hope they get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

Jeffrey, If you guys buy the car I can store it until Jim can hauls it. For the time being I have an open bay in a garage. PM me if you need contact information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

John,

That will work out for me.

I am committed to haul west to Las Vegas, NV.

After that I will try to get to Alabama.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 06:58 am:

You guys are great! Thank all of you who have served and are serving. And thank you for promoting our hobby also.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey Lemaux on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Thanks Jim and all I will let you kmow but right now it seems it will go over our budget. We are not in a hurry so I am sure another will present it self. Thanks again this is a great site with great people.

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 11:28 am:

Jeff,

I realize that you are on a budget.

I have found the forum members to be very helpful and generous when called upon.

Perhaps there is a member with a suitable Model T who would either donate it to your museum or sell one at a reduced price ?

Freighter Jim

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on September 16, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

This is the car in question >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/222249461100?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33bf 19a56c:g:~j8AAOSw4shX2HY3&item=222249461100

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Craig,

That must be it .....

That is what I am looking for as well.

1919 or 1920 Touring T as original as possible.

Thought I bought one earlier this year in Phoenix,
but they backed out of the deal.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration