Suggestions for classifieds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Suggestions for classifieds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

I have see some long strings in peoples ads that somewhat distracts from what the person is selling in the ad. Wouldn't it be better to have the discussions in the regular forum and let the seller update the ad?

Don't piggy back someones ad, start your own.

Please don't just use the "parts wanted", "wanted", "parts for sale" as a title. I see a number of ads now and that is about all the title is. Put a brief description in the title. There are a lot more spaces in the title box then just the box. The title will scroll well past the end. If there are too many parts to list in the title write a teaser to draw them in.

If you place an ad, write a good description and include the price. If the item is large and has to be picked up at least make sure your profile has your location or better yet tell where you are located. State in the ad if you will ship. Let people know up front how you will want payment.

If you place an ad, let the people that respond know if you are interested OR not. Don't leave them hanging. If you don't like the sellers price on a used part, make them a reasonable offer. But at least get back to them. I does take time to dig the part(s)out, take photos and send.

If you buy an item, let the seller know that you got it and if it was ok. Nothing like selling and shipping an item and never hearing back from the buyer.

Most of the people selling in the classifies are not big businesses, they are fellow hobbyist with extra parts or need a bit extra to pay the bills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Good post. Good manors are never out of style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

My speedster ad had this happen but reason for it sale sparked the thread and I gotton nothing but help and support form the group.
Along the way there's been some I terested
But my location makes it hard on the folks who have shown interest.
Anyway I agree but also glad I got caring and support thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

I still believe that all commercial sellers should be required to put prices in their ad, it just good manors. Why should I have to go to their web site to get a price, when they know the price and could just as easy put the price in their post. My 1st thought is maybe their price is so high they don't want to scare off potential buyers, so I'm already turned off and won't go to their site. The bottom line is they may have lost a sale. The basic premise of marketing is to make it quick and easy for the consumer.

I for one want instant gratification, not an additional search to get the price information. Make it easy or I quickly loose interest.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

One other thing to add, when the item sells, please take a minute to update the ad. Just because it's down the page, someone still may ask if you still have it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Good manors:

Good manners (helping a lady into a carriage):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:20 am:

Careful, RV -- You'll have Uncle Jack grumbling to himself again. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration