Sunberg auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sunberg auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 08:25 am:

Anybody going? Over 25 cars and trucks with at least 6 TT's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 08:36 am:

That should be Sundberg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Where?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 08:57 am:

Got these results of the auction from Jim Eck.

Looks to me some great buys on T's in Good shape and not pasture finds.

http://aasnessauctioneers.hibid.com/catalog/85059/david-and-ellen-sundberg/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:19 am:

The '16 touring sold for $6000. Seems like a very low price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:41 am:

Somebody got some great deals there, congratulations! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Wow, some of those went for 1970's prices. I never seem to find any auctions like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Some real good deals....... Probably too many model Ts for one auction and I always have said that a buyers premium will hurt the sales. Just my personal opinion on the buyers premiums, but even with the 10 percent premium, and depending on condition, the cars still seem to have sold very reasonable ...

(Message edited by dobro1956 on September 22, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Got this message from Jim who provided the link to the auction prices realized, he covers the T's sold pretty well. So thought I should share it.

Dan:

l think there were too many T's of the same type and year so the price was low. Everyone who wanted a car was able to have one. They were not fixed up to show quality. There were problems with all of the cars, like poor radiators, cracked blocks, and poor tops.

There was a touring car with the back cut off to make a pickup. I would rate them from fair to poor with only one show car , the model A sports coup. The cars looked good from forty feet, but on closer inspection not so good. The brass was not polished and the chrome was painted. If you are to make money on old cars, they need to have them in top show quality to bring top money. It would cost big dollars to get them in show shape.

I was at several of the sales when he purchased the cars and he paid top dollar for them, like over twenty big ones for two of them and over ten for one and close to ten for the others.

To get top dollar there needed to be fewer cars at a time of the same type and have them cleaned and polished. Sale advertising could have been better.

Jim Eck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration