OT Old Photo - Deliveries

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Old Photo - Deliveries
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 11:47 am:

Richard,
Great photo, but we need a bit more info.
What is the story behind the photo, is this a family member or taken in West Yellowstone perhaps?
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Isn't that Buffalo Bill?? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Kevin, I'm glad you asked. I found another copy of this in a family photo album. I wish I knew more. The caption "Bootlegger & Gunman -"In person"" may have been in jest or the character may have had an interesting story.
The photo was taken at Grandfathers Garage which was the same construction as the Big Store on the corner in West Yellowstone. I mentioned before that when the garage was torn down in the 60's I found a Model T brake handle used as re-bar in the foundation. That handle is mounted on my Speedster.
Dennis, apparently Buffalo Bill did frequent the Family store but this fellow is not flamboyant enough to be him.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

There is some resemblance....

bill1

bill2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Speaking of Bill, here is a sketch of he and Teddy I did for a VMCCA Tour in Cody Wyo. next Aug 14-19.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration