First "What is it"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First "What is it"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 11:55 am:

http://www.tfoye.com/whatsit.html

Found this in a lot of T parts years ago, cleaned it up and took a video to show the parts and motion - anyone know what it is, and if it's actually T related?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Saw set,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Agree with Kevin, saw set for cross cut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Just in case you don't know what "saw set" means:

The teeth of a saw, whether hand or circular, rip or crosscut, or even hack for that matter, have to cut a kerf a bit wider than the body of the blade, or the saw will bind up in its own kerf. After sharpening the teeth of a saw, the device you pictured is used to bend every other tooth an adjustable amount, then you turn around and bend the others the other way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 03:56 am:

About 10 or 15 years ago, my wife and I went camping in CO. with some good friends of ours. After we got all set up, we went looking for some firewood. My buddy said he had a small bow saw. I started to cut a small branch that was on the ground and just got about a half inch through and it started binding up. When I looked closer, it had no set at all. Yep, it was a Chinese saw. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:41 am:

And it seems we have an answer - and a patent to go with it! Thanks, I actually thought it was for cutting leather or a sheet metal nipper..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration