1923 Model T Touring Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1923 Model T Touring Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sidney L. Walton on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

FOR SALE: 1923 Model T Touring in outstanding condition. Like new tires, wood spoke wheels. Parade and show ready. Engine and transmission overhauled. Like new wiring with electric start. Excellent upholstery. Mechanic's tools and restoration records convey. Located in East Texas. Price, $18,000. 903.391.1570. waltonsnet@aol.com.Parading in style!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Try it here: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?3487/3487

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Looks like a 1924 Ford to me - high radiator, hood and cowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:22 pm:

It appears to be a nice car from this side. Additional photos of the other side, front, back, engine, interior, tires, etc would be nice. Especially at that price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

23 was a crossover year. Early low, late high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

1923 (Before August 1, 1923) low; 1924 (beginning August 1, 1923) high. 1923 low; 1924 high. Low, 1923; high, 1924. That's not to say there wasn't some overlap. With cars being assembled at dozens of different plants, some 1924 models may have been finished before August 1, and some 1923 models were probably assembled after August 1. But that doesn't change what makes a 1923 model and what makes a 1924 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

A nice car, but for $18,000 I would expect perfect in every respect. Should be close to a 100 point car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

For that price, you'd think the owner would know that it's a 1924 year model, made in 1923. . . .
But then it seems a lot of folks don't realize that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

This still looks like a very nice touring. Possibly purchased and titled in 1923. Wish my low hood 23 looked as nice as that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Yeah....Good luck with 18 G's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

Maybe he's being told to sell it, but doens't really want to???? :-)

"Honest, I advertised it, but nobody responded!! Guess we'll just have to keep it."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Beautiful car.

There is a difference between asking price and selling price folks. That's where I'd start if it's as nice as it appears. You can't go up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

Also, as a first time poster and MTFCA MEMBER, welcome to the forum Sidney.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

I don't trust her. She looks a little too happy to me. Smiling like that! That's probably not even a car. It's a cardboard cutout. And look at that smug look on his face.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Maybe he'd do better on the classified!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 08:28 am:

I agree with Dan B. You can't "go up". This certainly looks to be a great car, and apparently in top mechanical condition. Buy an $8K car and replicate this and I bet you'll be closer to the $20K area than you think. OCR from two years ago puts this car at $15,4K for grade 2 to $22K for Grade 1. This car looks to be quite a bit better than a Grade 2, but of course pretty hard to actually be a Grade 1. Those are all but impossible. So his asking price is pretty fair I would think. We all benefit from a car being able to hold up a decent value, rather than constantly trying to de-value Model T's that show up here. Just my thoughts. I know most will disagree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 09:24 am:

I agree!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Nice car. To be a consistent nice car at that price means keeping it extra clean, polished and almost dust free.
'Looks' to be a great restoration and kept that way.

Kind of like buying a new car and a few months later the price drops because you drove it and put some miles on it. It would be what you wanted to do with it.

It goes back to how much you want to put in restoring a car. And how much you can get out of it if you sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:57 am:

John..I can attest to that. While all of my cars are show quality & two moreso than the other two..I do drive 'em a lot. Constantly cleaning & polishing including the underside. Thank goodness for the lift.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 07:57 am:

I did a complete restoration of my 25 coupe 9 years ago. Tony Vershore did the engine and transmission, and I did everything else. I have $16000.00 in it, and can document every penny. Took me 2 years, and the car was complete when I got it. In other words, I spent that much just rebuilding all the components, new paint, top and upholstery, tires, tubes, and wood for the wheels. All the sheet metal is original.

If it was done like that, $18000 is a fair price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 08:20 am:

Maybe a deep pocket newbee will find him and he clean up. This is a plain black end of the run T. It's nice but not $18 large nice. As some of you that watch the car auctions know you're not getting back any large overages you throw into a restoration. In fact it usually boils down to recouping total parts price or time/labor but not both. Doesn't happen. Especially on a plain Jane like this. Very nice brass cars go for this price. Me? Max $12.5/13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:30 am:

A 10,000 car 12,000 at best?Two old people having fun priceless!! They should keep it. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:39 am:

SOLD for $22k!!!!

Gotcha... just kidding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Its the price you want to pay for having fun ! Whether its a nice motor home that's used 1-2 weeks a year, a nice camper that's used maybe 4 times a year, a bass boat that cost to much, paying big money for this and that. The list goes on and on and---------------->

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

I know I will never recoup the money
I'm putting into my restoration,
but the fun and learning experience
you gain is priceless. Right John, its the price you pay to have fun. You only live once!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration