Good reason to have a spare tire tube and a spare tire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Good reason to have a spare tire tube and a spare tire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hU23i568AE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Glad it got you home! I had heard about this being done back in the day, thanks for the video. One case where duct tape is not up to the task. Old Red would be proud of you trying to use it, though. :-)

red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:19 am:

That was not me, found it when looking about how to change a t tire tube.
I want to see if I can change a tube without taking the rear wheel off. I have sure stop brakes and a floating hub I have everything working and now I have a flat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Of course you can change a tube without taking the wheel off, see this thread, scroll down in it to Royce Peterson's post:

http://modelt.org/discus/messages/2/32845.html?1314150377

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Thanks Mark, that makes me feel much better. I really did not want to take the wheel off after working so hard to get the hub and the brakes just right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Some people (I'm one of them) think it is easier to do a tire with the wheel on the car than it is off the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

I remember my grandpa telling me that he got tired of fixing flats. So, he filled the tires with sand and wrapped bailing wire around them to hold them on the wheel. I don't remember him saying long he was able to drive like that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration