Headlight bulb ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headlight bulb ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Friday, September 16, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

I have seen two types of 1188 headlight bulbs for sale. any suggestions for the best bulb available ? thanks. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 09:30 am:

I could be wrong, but weren't the originals 1158,
21-2 cp?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

32-32 cp bulbs are the original specification I believe. There is now available a 50-32 cp sold by the vendors. Unfortunately the filament orientation is no longer up down but a left and right filament. So unless you modify the headlight bucket and socket, you will have a left right bean instead of a hi -lo (dim/bright). Best to have a good reflector, or have yours re-silvered for optimum reflection then either bulb will give good lighting. You might want to read through this thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/629146.html?1459777243

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration