When the T gets wet.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: When the T gets wet.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

When driving in the rain, how do you keep T from getting wet. The last two times I washed the Roadster it wouldn't start for awhile. Is it the coils that are getting wet or something else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Probably the coil box getting wet. Usually isn't a problem on ,26-7's with engine mounted box. Usually isn't a problem driving as the engine heat usually keeps things fairly dry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

Jonathan you need to get this kit:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5000-5001RK.aspx

It will end the problem that you describe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Can't say for sure that it will END the problem, but it sure does help with it. I had no coil trouble in my '14 after experiencing the thunder and wind storm at the winery lunch stop on the first day of the Finger Lakes tour. It was like Niagara Falls going sideways. When it let up enough that I was able to snorkel over to the car and crank it, she fired right up. No missing whatever, then or after a second and a then a third storm later that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

You can also order the kit directly from Fun Projects, its manufacturer:

http://www.funprojects.com/products/5000RK.aspx

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration