Mercury bodies speedster on Hemmings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mercury bodies speedster on Hemmings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1842624.html#Pho toSwipe1474051174169

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

That was my car, bought it in Fayetteville, AR. In about 1987. Sold it to Tom Powels in about 1990. Fun little car, I think it's Mercury body no. 18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:14 am:

That's a well-traveled car! AR to CA to VA -- it'll be interesting to see where it goes next. :-)

Kim -- I believe you bought it from Bill Younkin, one of my Model T mentors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Yes Mike, that's him, real nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:38 am:

Is Bill related to Jim of light plane autopilot fame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

This car has been on Hemmings site for a couple months. At the asking price it will be there for a while. But it wouldn't break my heart if it sold for that.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:49 am:

John -- Yes, Bill was the older brother of Jim, who made the autopilots. They also had another older brother, Bob. All three were involved with aircraft and old cars. Jim is the only one now surviving.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration