One of those days

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: One of those days
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

I just looked in langs T bag with my order in it now find they left out the new bolts and lock washers for the Bendix. Does anyone know the size and pitch. Is it a ace hardware item or call langs back Monday and get those. I don't get another day off until Oct 10th. Love to get this back together in the morning. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

If they are the bolts that hold the bendix on the shaft special bolts and washer (I'm not saying you can't make something work) as one has a "tit" and if I recall the heads are thinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Sorry my bad the small bolts for the Bendix cover housing onto the block
. Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 12:11 am:

Tim, unfortunately those bolts are a very odd size/ pitch.I doubt you will find them at the local hardware store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 01:20 am:

Go to the hardware store and get metric allen head screws. See discussion here.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/300683.html?1342822362

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 06:24 am:

Tim: Check your email, sent PM. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Have you called your local Ford dealership/garage ?

I think the number is Main - 41.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Thanks everyone couldn't get them at my local hardware today but thanks for all the info. I will have to call langs Monday morning. I need a few other goodies. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Another option(not for the purists) is to re-tap the holes in the hogs head for 1/4-20 bolts. That way, if you have to change the starter or work on the bendix and loose one of the bolts, you can get one just about anywhere. I did this and have had no trouble with them. This may be difficult to do with the engine in place but takes about ten minutes with the engine/hogs head out of the car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration