Barn find of 3 Ts in Vermont

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Barn find of 3 Ts in Vermont
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:32 am:

I spent yesterday with my good friends Ken, Paul, Mike & Pete, uncovering and pulling 3 different Model Ts from a barn in Vermont. We had a lot of fun working on getting them out in the sunshine, even dismantling part of the barn and then reinstalling all those old barn broads. I can hardly wait to see the finished results, Ken is going to build a snowmobile with his TT engine #12680706, Paul is planning on restoring his unique December 1915 Model T tractor (which we removed from the second floor of the barn) and new friend Dick got an early T frame & chassis which we could not read the engine number. It was a great way to spend the day and a very rewarding one as well.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Old barns. Rusty junk. Ain't good for nothin' !

This is all just sick and wrong.

Three more lives wasted chasing old stuff ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:37 am:

Sounds like a fun day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Wow... SCORE! I'd like to see more of that tractor mod!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Finding them like that is a special kind of magic. How nice. Thanks for sharing the fun.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Burger, thanks for sharing "the power of positive thing" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0TrbQew-s

As for Mark, Dennis and Richard thank you for your comments. Paul really lucked out, with a honeycomb brass radiator and brass carburetor. Not to mention "the story behind the story".

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Pullford tractor? Where is our tractor historian Ron.

Would LOVE to own that tractor, if only I had a place to put it......

Damn good find gentleman. I would have loved to been there just for the comradery. Sounds like a great day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

What a great way to spend the day! And thanks for sharing the adventure. It shows that there are still a few out there in barns, lofts, etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

That is a great find and right in my neck of the woods. Nice to see a group working together with the intent of putting all of the T's back in use.
The tractor conversion does not look like Pullford large gears have external teeth and the hubs look smaller the steel wheels have rolled edges Pullfords I have seen have flat steel wheel rings. Are the caps on the end of the axles marked? Again great find good luck with your projects. I will be looking for updates as the project move forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Beautiful!!
the best way to spend a day ,
love to see that 15

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

"Old barn broads" Better than nothing I suppose. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

What a great day for all 3 of you and Ts. The Ts won't sit forever now. Cool story.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:21 am:

There was a crew of 5 Ken, Paul, Mike, Pete and myself, working on the TT and tractor. Dick was there working on getting his T out of another building, so we just gave him a hand. The owners George & Judy were great folks, helping in anyway they could. They let us remove the barn-broad so we could get the tractor out, supplied us with drinking water while we working and then feed us a delicious lunch.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:51 am:

It's a Sears kit. Really nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Just love to see old iron getting a new start they look great
Thanks for posting Warren [wish i was there]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 11:04 am:

I have it on very good authority that it is a Montgomery Ward kit.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Would defer to your good authority. Definitive proof is bull gear as the two kits are very similar. Montgomery Ward will have an MW with a part number cast into bull gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 02:10 am:

WOW! What fun! I am jealous! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 02:33 am:

I want to hear more about the old barn "broads"!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:13 am:

Frank, the old barn broads are the ones that were removed in order to get the tractor out of the barn and then Paul put them back in their original place.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:37 am:

I think there are some old broads with this barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

Great photo Steve, thanks for posting. Looks like they are in need of a lot of barn broads. Maybe you could check out that barn today for some hidden treasures.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration