Spare Tire Carrier for 1914????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spare Tire Carrier for 1914????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

I would like to see pictures of a spare tire carrier similar to the one shown on the blue/purple 1914 Touring on Ebay
322263262943 and discussed on the Forum at http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/676477.html?1474215105. The one on this T is a single tire carrier with an extra tire strapped to the inside.

The one I am interested in is a double tire carrier. This picture shows both a 30x3 and a 30x 3 1/2 tire in the carrier. It does not have mounting brackets like the one on the blue/purple Touring.

Does anyone have one like mine mounted on their T? I would like to see what the brackets look like.

Thanks for your help. I posted this on the Classifieds in error.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Me too! Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:42 pm:

Did these close ups of the Blue touring, that carrier looks like this Simplex Tire Holder.

1916 catalog

Note the similar bracket on the running board holder of the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

I have an original,N.O.S. Double tire carrier for a 1915-20. One tire was 30x3,the other 30x3 1/2. It had a means to lock tire to prevent theft. I can take a picture of it tomorrow if you're interested. I made two off of pattern,but they are a bear to get all those angle to meet up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

I sent you a pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

Some how,I hit something on mouse over to make my pictures go to crypted pdf . How to undo?? Anybody??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Jack,

I would be interested as well

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:11 am:

Dan, These are pictures of what I have.
Tire carrier
Tire carrier 2
It appears to be adjustable at the brace in the middle although the adjustment would be limited by the curvature of the solid mount. It also has a pair of holes at about 45 degrees from the bottom on each side along with 4 bolt holes at the bottom. There is a strap for locking the tires in the holder.

What was the source of the picture so I can see how the brackets were made?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration