Thank You Lang's!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Thank You Lang's!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

For all the talk about Mac's I want to complement Lang's
Saturday I order a tube from Lang’s; it was the one with the metal stem and included hardware. About a half hour ago I got a call from them and was told that it was out of stock and there would be a 2 week wait. They did have the tube with the rubber stem in stock but I said I would wait for the metal stem. I checked my wheel and it turns out it has a rubber stem, I thought I could substitute it for a metal stem, but I was wrong. I called them pack and ordered the rubber stem tube and it will ship out today and I saved 25 bucks!

So I wanted to thank Lang’s and Ashley, the person that called, and say we just don't complain we can complement too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Lang's are indeed great. Model T's, and all pneumatic tired vehicles of that era, came with metal stem tubes. They are for the show car crowd, or the experienced guy. I have used them only when they were already in something I bought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

And, JC almighty! HOW much are metal stemmed tubes?? How much is the stem and cap? I will be looking that up! Few months ago had a friend rescue a couple small trailer loads of crap from where I had it stored. There should be a Schwann's ice cream tin about half full of stems and dust covers, some REAL old. eBay here.he comes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leffler on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

I give them a thumbs up also. Last week I ordered on Wednesday and got my order Friday. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

I have been ordering from them and getting about 2 day mail service. They are very nice people and ask you what quality part you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 12:33 am:

I ordered parts from Langs a week ago last Friday hoping they'd be here by last Wednesday. They got here last Thursday. However, I won't even start to complain because, I knew I had set my expectations a little higher than I should have. In this case Langs delivered on time, I was just pushing the limits and hoping they could do the impossible. I can't remember ever being dissatisfied with Langs and consider them one of the best suppliers out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Peter should read the article that Royce had in the Vintage Ford recently. It tells you how to install an ORIGINAL metal valve stem into a rubber stem tube, and how to cut the old one off.
I've been doing this procedure for years, and it works. Actually it is better than the old days, because the area around the stem is reinforced, and the old ones weren't. If you want to see a NOS metal stem tube there is one on ebay now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Langs is the BEST. I ordered some parts yesterday to put my tail light together. This morning I got a email saying their inventory was off and they did not have the clip. I called Ashley and she told me they had one on a display board she would sent me. Now that's service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Is it time to have a group hug with the folks at Lang's? :-)

I get all my T parts at Lang's
and now all my A parts at Snyder's - no more Mac's

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration