Color of kevlar bands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Color of kevlar bands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Hi folks, just picked up an older set of Wearever Kevlar bands. What color should those be?

thanks
john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

The last set I saw were sort of "mauve" with just a subtle hint of "taupe"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Oops! I forgot the "smiley face"!

Seriously, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a new set of Kevlar bands, however, I think I remember pictures on this forum that show Kevlar band material to be a sort of pale yellow. If you're asking so that you can be sure that what you have is actually Kevlar, I'm pretty sure that you should be able to distinguish them from cotton or the old "Scandinavia" and of course, wood is obvious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Ha Ha ----funny Harold!! grin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Yeah,....maybe I've been reading too much of what Burger writes and it's starting to "rub off", huh?

Burger,....have never met you but I enjoy your posts, and as much of your writing that I've read, I wouldn't have said the above except that I pretty much have you put together as a guy that's not easily offended!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Mine are like Steve's, with a slightly different color on the inside. Currentky, they are a funny pinky color, as I soaked them in ATF for a couple days.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration