Weekend tour failure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Weekend tour failure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

I took my 1915 touring on the HCCA tour this weekend. On Saturday about ten miles out I noticed a skip and loss of power. Stopped, checked coils, plugs and timer to see why number four cylinder was not firing. After a bit, it seemed to recover but I soon realized the loss of power and the temp went up. Decided to call it a day. When I got home I took the head off fearing a burned valve but instead found that the head gasket was blown between number 3 and 4 cylinder. Being between two cylinders explains why I didn't see loss of water or steam but why didn't number 3 cylinder show a loss of firing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

I've had blown gaskets between cylinders act like a check valve.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration