OY: Today I toured the marathon motors factory

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OY: Today I toured the marathon motors factory
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

Nashville has preserve the marathon motors factory pretty well and today I walked through there again and noticed the pricing on a number of their vehicles from the 1914 era were about twice as much as a model T, and yet offered no more for the money.

The engine and transmission design are very similar except that the cylinders are cast in Paris instead of using one engine block with sleeves. Henry ran these guys add a business with his manufacturing acumen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Cast in pairs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration